Monday, May 17, 2010

University of Southern California

Got up at 11:30am, we literally had no other choice but to go to USC to kill the rest of the day. However, it turned out to be such a fun day in USC. I've been dreaming to visit this school for a long time, part of the reason is this is the school he wants to go to, of course, other than that, this is a school I personally like a lot, too. (Cross the finger, hopefully they will accept me...) 

The international students portion of USC is amazingly big, almost half of the students are from outside of the U.S. I saw that by myself--it was the commencement day of the 2010 class students. Coincidentally, we ran into all the graduates today. They had some light dinner, without any doubt, Fiona and I mooched some...It was so awkward since half of the students had Asian faces. Many from Taiwan, others from China or Korea. I thought there must be much pressure for students, like me, to study there, now that there were so many ABCs, no one would treat you with the tolerance for foreigners. 


I like the buildings in USC. They all have the same style and relevant colors. Even though LA has no style at all, USC as an old school has its own "schoolnality"--well, it's hard to conclude now, but it definitely does, at least from in terms of architectures. I love the quiet small gardens spattered here and there in the school. Good place for lovers. I can almost imagine the way they talk to each other. Who would get angry in such a place?

The building for communication school is the worst building in the whole school. But what can I say? This is me, always the unluckiest one. I may never had the chance to study in an old and beautiful hall. But the thing is if Gorge Lucas was graduated there, what does it matter the building is not good-looking?
The only thing is, several blocks away from USC, it's another world, which is packed with Mexicans and dirty gum on the ground. The world never loses its hierarchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers